Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 8's android & one UI mythical updates

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 10:03 AM)
ttwa666
Pioneer
Options

Hi to who it concerns or just plainly interested in. I've just had a reply off Samsung, well the horses mouth about certain rumours flying around the net. Plenty of people are asking if the S8/S8+ are getting the android 10.0 & the one UI 2.0 updates and there's plenty of us out there who know their 8's can easily handle the said updates but literally a few minutes ago had this reply from Samsung.

Screenshot_20191205-190105_Samsung Members.jpg

Like me there'll be many people disappointed with the reply as I find it a bit of a scam to give flagship phones only 2 main updates as it keeps the general public who want the latest phones on their toes to keep buying the latest and greatest. I've still got my "old" S7+ and that'd still give half the latest phones a run for their money. Anyway thought I'd give you the latest official update on the 8's. Cheers

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree that's kind of disappointing @ttwa666 

That confirms what is being advised via the Samsung Members App and the schedule for the update.Screenshot_20191206-052401_Samsung Members.jpg

I've used the s8 and it's a powerful phone that should be easily able to handle this update.

My partner still uses the s8 and she loves it.

In my opinion this is only going to push some to download a Custom Rom which can bring it's own set of possible issues if not done correctly  !

On balance others will just be oblivious to firmware updates and carry on as usual.

The good news from your Samsung reply is that Security Updates and mild firmware updates are still being pushed out.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

healysandeepana
First Poster
Options

plz help me

0 Likes