Support

Open search

Status Bar on Galaxy S7

First Poster

After an upgrade on the 31.8.18 I can no longer see my status bar I have gone to thr length of a factory reset with no joy can anyone help ?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @IBDT

Have you installed any custom software on the phone prior to applying the update? Is the status bar invisible when accessing all features/apps or is it only in certain instances?
First Poster

Hi 

Thanks for your response

I have not downloaded any software other then that recommened by Samsung and no I can't access my status bar on any function in fact the screen that I used to be able to swipe diwn will only swipe up now 

I am not sure if this is relevant but when  useing the volume keys i dont see that either

CarlH Moderator

Can you try placing your phone in Safe Mode, @IBDT? To do this, restart your phone, but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you reach the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. Let me know how you get on. 

First Poster

Hi

Have done this but it hasn't corrected my problem 

CarlH Moderator

It might be best if an engineer inspected your phone, @IBDT. This link will direct you to the closest Service Centre in your area.

AntS Moderator

@IBDT: Sounds familiar....

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors