Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split screen without pause

(Topic created on: 18-09-2019 10:43 PM)
Jylu
Student
Options

Hi, I want to know how I can have two apps active at the same time with the split screen.
I know how to have both showing but I can only have one active at a time. The app that is not active is paused and hence, with split screen, I can't for example watch a video and play a game at the same time. Is there a way to fix that? I run OS 8 ona  Galaxy S7.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The way I have YouTube playing on the screen the same time as I'm doing something else i.e picture in picture is to ensure picture in picture is turned on in the phones settings and youtube settings.

Then I launch youtube and start off a video then press the home button.

Then press the multi key and long press on the open youtube card and drag it to the auto pop up box and bingo it pops up on the main screen playing away while I do something else.

i.e

Watching a YouTube video while I type my reply to you.Watching a YouTube video while I type my reply to you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jylu
Student
Options

Ok so I understand this works with youtube specifically.  Thanks.

However, is there a way to have lets say 2 games running at the same time -or more generally two non-google app, that hence to have the picture-in-picture feature by default-. 

Thanks for your reply.

edit: I looked a bit deeper and picture-in-picture and split screen are not the exact same thing, so question remains for split screen I guess, and not solely picure-in-picture

0 Likes