Support

Open search

Scrolling on facebook on Galaxy S8

SOLVED
Apprentice

I have the S8 but have noticed that when scrolling on Facebook the page seems to stutter. Is this a facebook related issue or is it the S8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Ynot68,

It "should" not happen but there are a few things to do as always:-

1. Check the App is up to date.
  2. Check you are running the latest updates for the phone.
  3. Have you got autoplay on for videos? (this can cause jumps in the loading).
  4. Use the official Facebook app over a skin edition.
  5. Run the phones device manager cleaner and try again to see if you have the same issue.
  6. Clear the facebook cache in the apps manager.
  7. last of all restart the phone (shuts down anything that could be running in the background)

Those are just some things I can think of that should cover most things though there are some outside factors that you can not control such as Internet speed or the phone downloading updates at the same time which can effect it. Let me know how you get on

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Ynot68,

It "should" not happen but there are a few things to do as always:-

1. Check the App is up to date.
  2. Check you are running the latest updates for the phone.
  3. Have you got autoplay on for videos? (this can cause jumps in the loading).
  4. Use the official Facebook app over a skin edition.
  5. Run the phones device manager cleaner and try again to see if you have the same issue.
  6. Clear the facebook cache in the apps manager.
  7. last of all restart the phone (shuts down anything that could be running in the background)

Those are just some things I can think of that should cover most things though there are some outside factors that you can not control such as Internet speed or the phone downloading updates at the same time which can effect it. Let me know how you get on

Apprentice

Many thanks have tried all and it seems to have sorted it

Thanks

Superuser I
Superuser I

Glad to have helped

First Poster

No this answer is not satisfactory..

I bet facebook in j7 prime (my model) or whatever the model i.e galaxy 8 legging problem..

Facebook runs fast and smooth on any other smartphone many time better than samsung phones.

It may be because fb stub is already installed in samsung.

I have experienced the facebook scrolling , liking posts, and saving photos are takes much time than that of other smartphone. And if you are talking about internet speed then i want to ask that 2-3 mbps is not sufficent to run facebook.

Wow..other smartphone runs fb smoothly in 2gb network and you are giving a rubbish advice.

My friends who don't know what is cache what is data and then also running fb , and I can see the fb running very fast . I know my friend has not cleared their cache/data from more than 2 years and still his fb runs smooth .

And I have uninstalled/installed /updated / factory  reset every thing in my phone and i feel the same problem..

2. Another problem that i face in my samsung galaxy j7 prime is that when someone calls me them UI freezes and it takes almost 40 sec to appear the calling screen .

After factory reset problem gone but after 1 months the problem reapper .

What do you want ??😳😱🤪😱🤕😱🤕🤕

Tell me what do you want.??🥵🤬😡😷😠😷🥶🥵😷😡🤬😠😷

Shoud I not keep anything in my smartphone to run phone smoothly .

I should keep my 32 gb always free..

I Should regularly backup and reset.

Bloody hell .

What is the benefit of keeping a phone of 3 gb RAM.

I really disappointed at this problem from samsung..

If you have any satisfactory answer then reply..

Myself satyajeet from india , bihar.

Ok bye

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@R_satyajeet , Appreciate that you're frustrated, Satyajeet, but the advice someone gives might work for someone but not always for another because their particular situation is different. In this case, Ynot68's issue appears to have been resolved by Bades1978's advice.

Reading your post it sounds like you've tried all troubleshooting steps we'd advise, so it might be best to have your phone checked out at your nearest Samsung Support Centre and/or contact your local Samsung team.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors