Support

Open search

Screen unlock

SOLVED
First Poster

HI there

My son has locked his screen on his Samsung J3 and can not remember it, any idea how I can reset this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi you can reset the screen lock via the google account that is registered on the phone  

Reset the lock screen pattern using a Google account

If the Lock Screen Pattern is entered incorrectly for five consecutive times, a prompt screen will be displayed with a message to try again after 30 seconds. A Forgot Pattern option will also be displayed.

Step 1: At the bottom of the screen tap on Unlock via Google 

Step 2: Enter your Google ID and Password. 

lock screen 

If you have forgotten your Google account details, you can use the Backup PIN.

Backup PIN

During the initial setup of the device you are prompted to created a Backup PIN. Tap on Backup PIN then enter the number. 

backup pin pin 

Recover Google account details

Step 1: Go to the Google Account sign-in website Click the Find my account link.

Step 2: On the Recovery Options page, select the appropriate option, and then click Continue button.

if you can not do this theen the only way to do it will be a full factory reset which will mean you will lose ALL the data saved on the phone.

Hope this helps

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi you can reset the screen lock via the google account that is registered on the phone  

Reset the lock screen pattern using a Google account

If the Lock Screen Pattern is entered incorrectly for five consecutive times, a prompt screen will be displayed with a message to try again after 30 seconds. A Forgot Pattern option will also be displayed.

Step 1: At the bottom of the screen tap on Unlock via Google 

Step 2: Enter your Google ID and Password. 

lock screen 

If you have forgotten your Google account details, you can use the Backup PIN.

Backup PIN

During the initial setup of the device you are prompted to created a Backup PIN. Tap on Backup PIN then enter the number. 

backup pin pin 

Recover Google account details

Step 1: Go to the Google Account sign-in website Click the Find my account link.

Step 2: On the Recovery Options page, select the appropriate option, and then click Continue button.

if you can not do this theen the only way to do it will be a full factory reset which will mean you will lose ALL the data saved on the phone.

Hope this helps

First Poster
Champion, much appreciated. I will try this and let you know how I get on. Thanks
First Poster

how can i unlock my secreen without loosing any data

a5 2017

i forgot my pattern

First Poster

google accout does not shown on secreen and now it give me 128 min to try again

thank you

Apprentice

If you can't use the best solution above, there are other ways to unlock Samsung phones, such as Find My Mobile. All Samsung devices come with the "Find My Phone" feature, just follow the steps below.
1. First, set up your Samsung account and log in.
2. Click the "Lock my screen" button.
3. Enter a new PIN in the first field
4. Click the "Lock" button at the bottom
5. Within a few minutes, it will change the lock screen password to a PIN so you can unlock your device.

Top Liked Authors