Support

Open search

Screen burn s7 edge

Highlighted

Has anyone got screen burn on their s7 edge from the icons for your apps, I can see the apps when the screen is white what can I do to stop this happening more 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Hi @Je48

You can try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds to perform a Soft Reset. If the problem persists then please enter *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Red Green and Blue form the on screen tiles and check if the screen burn is visible in this location. If it is then I recommend having the phone inspected at a Samsung Support Centre, which you can find by checking the following link , selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I've had ghosting but that should disappear after a few minutes. 

Screen Burn can happen and is resolved by a screen replacement. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

i also have screen burn on my samsung s7 edge and the phone is just over the 2 year guarantee i am not sure if i can do anything about it :( 

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@susielooe 

Approach Samsung via a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre and ask to see what they can offer you.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
First Poster
My S7 had really bad screen burn, Samsung replaced the screen after the warranty had expired.
I contacted them a couple of times through their website using live chat and I found it quite exasperating. I felt that they weren't really interested in resolving it and kept going round in circles untill I was losing the will to live.
I was thinking of replacing it and by now we were pretty sure that the warranty had expired but my husband (contract's in his name) phoned them and they said they would replace the screen and return it within 5 working days.
Got it back yesterday. I would recommend phoning Samsung even if the warranty has expired.
Top Liked Authors