Support

Open search

Screen Mirroring

Pathfinder

Could you remove the connection between the TV and the phone/ Forget the connection? 

Then, could you go into your Gallery on your phone and select a photo? After this, tap share and then press on the Smart View button. Does this connect? 

Explorer
Tried your suggestion and it doesn't connect. I've seen another post on the community for the same problem. I've followed all the instructions on there and I'm still getting the same problem.
Explorer

Hi. 

Just wondering if you had any other ideas on what the problem could be. 

Pathfinder

We recommend you keep an eye out for any upcoming updates that will resolve this. 

We appreciate your patience, @Spike071. :smileyhappy:

Explorer

Hi again.

I have upgraded my phone to the S8. Made sure all the updates are done then tried the smart view. Sadly I'm still getting the same error message. 

Could this his be a problem with my Tv?

TracyR Moderator

Hi @Spike071,

I've escalated this to our support team again. 

One of us moderators will get back to you as soon as we have an update. 

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

TracyR Moderator

Hi @Spike071

With the same error appearing with your S8 it would lead me to believe that the issue is either with the TV or the type of router you are using as some routers do not allow pass through connections to other devices, only access out to the internet (these are usually mobile network routers.)

Other than that, this is how the device should connect to the TV:

• On the TV make sure you are selecting Screen Mirroring as the input method.
  • Search on your phone for the TV
  • Phone should located the TV
  • Select TV and connect
  • On TV, allow connection. 

Another thing to check is that they're both connected under the sme band to the router, as some routers have connections under 2.4GhZ and 5GhZ - if they are both connected to separate frequency's this could also cause it not to connect (That is if the TV is  connected wirelessly - if via Ethernet cable there should be no problem here).

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I'll give these things a try. Can you help me where to find these settings. 😉

Pathfinder

Which part of the troubleshooting are you struggling to locate, @Spike071

Explorer

I can't find the screen mirroring input on my Tv. Not sure where to find the frequency settings on either device. I'm using a sky broadband router. The screen mirroring worked once this morning but has now stopped again. 

Top Liked Authors