Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Lock not working Note 8

(Topic created on: 16-12-2019 01:03 PM)
KellyRN
Apprentice
Options

I cannot set up screen lock on my Note 8. I've had it on swipe to unlock for a long time. Now when I try to set up a PIN, password or Pattern it just does nothing and reverts back to screen lock setup page.  I had my fingerprint setup at one time but can't set that up without a screen lock. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options
@KellyRN: I'm not sure what could be stopping you from changing your lock screen security. To eliminate the possibility of the issue stemming from a third party app, please restart the Note 8 in Safe Mode via the steps below, then try to change your security settings by going to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock Type > PIN > Enter your PIN > Re-enter to confirm it.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the Note 8 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
0 Likes
KellyRN
Apprentice
Options

That didn't work. I've also wiped cache partition with no luck.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
KellyRN
Apprentice
Options

Does anybody else have any suggestions?  I am still having this problem.  It's driving me nuts that I cannot lock my Note 8.

0 Likes
Babzy814
First Poster
Options

Have you found a solution to this?  The same thing is happening to me.

0 Likes
KellyRN
Apprentice
Options

No. I have not. Its driving me nuts!!

0 Likes
DavidYapKS
First Poster
Options

This happened to me 2 days ago. I use Samsung Find My Mobile to unlock my phone although my fingerprint still working that time. After that I try to set up my lockscreen by Pin Password or Pattern not any of these are working, still revert to notification setting page. Until now, I still haven't solve my lockscreen problem, at first I thought it is a some kind of hacker or virus until I saw this post, we are facing the same issue with the same Samsung Note 8 model. 

0 Likes
JulieP
First Poster
Options

Mine did this last night and I was forced into a factory reset. I'm furious that I have to rebuild everything and no one is able to provide any details as to why this might have occurred.

0 Likes
KellyRN
Apprentice
Options

I have not tried the factory reset because someone posted that it didn't work for them. I was hoping someone would come up with another solution. Did it work for you? 

0 Likes
Lgeist
Student
Options

I would like to know if a factory reset worked as well. I can't put Mt work account on my phone without a screen lock. I need that account. This is frustrating. 

0 Likes