Support

Open search

Screen Lock not working Note 8

Highlighted
First Poster

I cannot set up screen lock on my Note 8. I've had it on swipe to unlock for a long time. Now when I try to set up a PIN, password or Pattern it just does nothing and reverts back to screen lock setup page.  I had my fingerprint setup at one time but can't set that up without a screen lock. 

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL Moderator
@KellyRN: I'm not sure what could be stopping you from changing your lock screen security. To eliminate the possibility of the issue stemming from a third party app, please restart the Note 8 in Safe Mode via the steps below, then try to change your security settings by going to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock Type > PIN > Enter your PIN > Re-enter to confirm it.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the Note 8 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
First Poster

That didn't work. I've also wiped cache partition with no luck.  Very frustrating.

Top Liked Authors