Support

Open search

Samsung system updates

Why do Samsung have to keep changing things on system updates so that we have to spend hours trying to put it back as it was as best we can.

Then have to get used to some of the changes.

Can't they just leave well alone 

4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice

I would bored as **** if I kept it the same all the time.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @aggro1

I appreciate people get their phone set up and tweaked to how they personally like them and also get them stable. 

With most phones in their settings in regards to firmware updates  you can disable auto updates and app permissions as well as settings in your Play Store. 

On the flip side people do also want updates wether that be an incremental update to their firmware or a new firmware that offers more functions and features. 

Also Security Patch Updates. 

I thought long and hard before updating my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone from Nougat to Oreo because it was very stable. 

I updated because I wanted the new features and I updated to the most recent security patch. 

I gave myself time to learn what was being added to my phone via watching YouTube reviews and reading various blogs so I knew what to expect and where to find it and use it. 

That was a few months ago and everything is fine. 

I always hold back from updating straightaway to see if people start giving feedback about bugs. 

Before updating it's recommended to create multiple back ups so that if needed those back ups can recover your info and your Samsung Backups should return the phone to how it was set up. 

My recent update from Nougat to Oreo did not affect how my s8 was set up. 

Everything was in its place. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @aggro1

I appreciate people get their phone set up and tweaked to how they personally like them and also get them stable. 

With most phones in their settings in regards to firmware updates  you can disable auto updates and app permissions as well as settings in your Play Store. 

On the flip side people do also want updates wether that be an incremental update to their firmware or a new firmware that offers more functions and features. 

Also Security Patch Updates. 

I thought long and hard before updating my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone from Nougat to Oreo because it was very stable. 

I updated because I wanted the new features and I updated to the most recent security patch. 

I gave myself time to learn what was being added to my phone via watching YouTube reviews and reading various blogs so I knew what to expect and where to find it and use it. 

That was a few months ago and everything is fine. 

I always hold back from updating straightaway to see if people start giving feedback about bugs. 

Before updating it's recommended to create multiple back ups so that if needed those back ups can recover your info and your Samsung Backups should return the phone to how it was set up. 

My recent update from Nougat to Oreo did not affect how my s8 was set up. 

Everything was in its place. 

I was forced to wait for the update from T-Mobile on s7 edge. I am not regretting at all on the update to Oreo. I have not had one of any of the issues that are mentioned online on different sites, that people keep complaining about. I can't even believe people are still complaining about the night clock and it is in AOD, and I knew this because I have been waiting so long for the update, that I read articles about issues, and problems, that I knew I would not have. I have read complaints like this about Microsoft with OS and most of these complaints are for attention seekers.

Apprentice

Some updates are good, some updates are bad. But settings should be saved and not be changed by an update if it is not absolutely necessary. Please Samsung, stop sending out updates that changes settings and personalization of the phones/tablets/computers...

Top Liked Authors