Support

Open search

Samsung s8+ screen tint issue

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Myself and my wife both purchased 2 x Samsung galaxy s8+. The phones are stunning but one thing we both immediately noticed is the tint on the screens. One looks reddish while the other looks nornalish. The whites are meant to be WHITE but in this case they are quite dull and one looks slightly red. This is really bothering me beacause it's affecting the way I view certain things on my phone. I have played about with the colour temperature settings to no success. Is this a. Known issue with the new s8+? Is there any solution or just a case of returning both handsets and switching to another manufacturer who can Actually give consistency across their panels. IMG_20170423_095646.jpg

What is going on with these displays?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Just got an update and it has to do with the screen as I have new optionsScreenshot_20170509-115937.png

20170509_125240.png

Let's hope you get yours soon

15 REPLIES 15
Superuser I
Superuser I

Mine did have the red/pink tint but just had an update that gave me a bit more control over the red slider in the adaptive screen setting and it seams to be a lot better now it's not perfect along the edges but much improved. 

Superuser I
Superuser I
Hi

If you go in to your display settings where you can choose adaptive er then under that is a colour setting. Try turning down the red slider a little.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Mine has a red tint . I lowered the red slider which made it better but the edges are still red. not good

First Poster
Hi,
I tried all but not possible to correct this problem. The display stays red !
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Diddyum wrote:
Hi,
I tried all but not possible to correct this problem. The display stays red !

If your still within any relevant cooling off period then have the phone swapped out. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Hey I have tried the RGB sliders and they just make Matters worse. I thought Samsung was releasing a software update which will allow more control over the colours but I have not yet received this update 

Apprentice

You are right my friend there is no solution 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Just got an update and it has to do with the screen as I have new optionsScreenshot_20170509-115937.png

20170509_125240.png

Let's hope you get yours soon

Apprentice

Omg I need this update. R u in the UK? 

Top Liked Authors