Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8+ noy charging past 0%

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 11:47 PM)
TheMisterS
First Poster
Options

Hello, so i have spent 2 months in brazil and suddenly my samsung s8 stopped charging properly and displayed the moisture error once in a while so i just cleaned it and dries it and after restaring it would work. But yesterday it stopped working and only charges to 0-1% and when turned on dies within 30s. What do you think is the problem here?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you able to try another official Samsung charger brick and cord @TheMisterS 

Or a wireless charger.

Use a torch to see if there's any debris in the charging port but don't go poking around in there with something hard and don't use a pressurised air canister to try and blow stuff out as this can actually drive it further into the phone !

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can check the phone under the 2 year warranty as long as it shows no signs of an accidental bump or the water indicators have been tripped.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TheMisterS
First Poster
Options

I have tried several other bricks and cords. The phone has had a cracked back glass for the last year but has remained in a case with a protective glass at all times. I have cleaned the charging port(havent tried using alcohol yet).

Do you think its the battery,mobo or the charging port that is faulty and how much would that cost me?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TheMisterS wrote:

I have tried several other bricks and cords. The phone has had a cracked back glass for the last year but has remained in a case with a protective glass at all times. I have cleaned the charging port(havent tried using alcohol yet).

Do you think its the battery,mobo or the charging port that is faulty and how much would that cost me?

I'm wondering if the accidental accident that caused the damaged back Glass has any connection as issues can arise down the road after a bump.

Does the phone charge as it should via a wireless pad / desktop stand @TheMisterS  ??

For a costing you would need to take the phone to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre as as they'd need to assess the phone fully first.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes