Support

Open search

Samsung s6 nougat

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hey,

I've had the Samsung s6 since August 6th.  Nougat released on the 22nd of August.  It has now been 7 months since then, almost 8.  

While Vodafone users have gotten the update in the UK, unlocked versions haven't despite most people's thought that Unlocked versions get updates first.  While I've messaged SamsungUK on twitter they've said "It's rolling out in batches.". I said they were lying since it hasn't been rolled out to anyone's s6 with an unlocked variant.  They told me again "It's rolling out in batches."

Is anyone having the same experience with Samsung staff?  Many people on other websites have said that a few live chat representatives simply gave up on their questions and gave an honest answer of "We don't know, we just have to listen out for news online for this kind of information."

With that being said, I don't like being lied to from a country that I spend £360 on directly.  Their update policy is horrible and I will be going for a pixel next year unless it is changed.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

They mean it is rolling out area to area and whilst some carriers have done the update (which they get early as they have to have there own apps tested / updated) but it does mean OTA for sim free is slower for most always check for updates via the Samsung software on a PC as it tends to get it before the OTA release. But the wait will be worth it and BTW Vodaphones issue has a lot of bugs in it

Highlighted
Apprentice

I've always checked Smart Switch for the update about once a week but nothing appears either.

Whether or not they mean "Area to area" (I assume you mean country?) they confirmed that it was coming out for the UK phones.  It has been around 12 days since then and nowhere on the internet have I seen people getting the update.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

It has been delayed due to "issues" that I spoke off it can be side loaded on the edge version but its risky if they all ready have problems (have a read here) http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-s6-edge-uk-nougat-delay-754944/

Highlighted
Apprentice

This is from over a month ago and the article confirms that it is rolling out in other countries in Europe.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Yep "Delayed" but no sites show when it will be ready to go OTA so it's a case of waiting for now better to wait rather than have a risky build. Sorry could not be more help but feel your pain have had it many times myself on other models.

Top Liked Authors