Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung notes spurious characters

(Topic created on: 04-11-2019 09:14 AM)
Apprentice
Options

Since the last update whenever I type into notes each character I type is randomly followed by either an exclamation mark or a random word. For example if I wanted to type "bits" I would get b!I!t!sand. I did post something a couple of days ago and got a reply asking me to reset the keyboard in settings which I did but hasn't worked. Whoever replied to my post asked to let them know if it was successful but I've no idea where I made the post or where I would find their reply. 

Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
MelanieM
Student
Options

Me too. I type one letter and 10 appear with ! Too. I uninstalled lost most of my notes. Reinstalled, atl happening. I'm gong to buy a notebook and pen!

0 Likes
2rupsn
First Poster
Options

@MelanieM wrote:

Me too. I type one letter and 10 appear with ! Too. I uninstalled lost most of my notes. Reinstalled, atl happening. I'm gong to buy a notebook and pen!

I have the same problem. It only happens in Samsung Notes and it's absolutely driving me crazy as well. I just don't understand why Samsung haven't addressed this problem.

TopShelfEarl
Student
Options
Any fixes for this issue? I've been having the same issue for months. It ONLY happens in Samsung Notes
Solution
Kellido
Apprentice
Options

I was using a Swype branded keyboard. To test,  I switched to the Samsung keyboard and it fixed the issue.

0 Likes
TopShelfEarl
Student
Options
Dang it! That thought crossed my mind as I was writing this. Swype is my default. Makes sense now
0 Likes
Solution
MelanieM
Student
Options

I've uninstalled Skype dragon and notes is working properly now.

0 Likes
dcisney
Student
Options

I, too, use Swype, but in Notes it still goes bonkers!  This most recent update is horrific at best...

0 Likes
dcisney
Student
Options

I actually LOVE Swype keyboard. I think it's absurd to have to change keyboards. Samsung should update the notes app to fix the issue.

0 Likes
w8rn8r
First Poster
Options

August 25 now, and that stupid issue is still around.

Hard to believe ...

0 Likes