Support

Open search

Samsung notes spurious characters

Highlighted
First Poster

Since the last update whenever I type into notes each character I type is randomly followed by either an exclamation mark or a random word. For example if I wanted to type "bits" I would get b!I!t!sand. I did post something a couple of days ago and got a reply asking me to reset the keyboard in settings which I did but hasn't worked. Whoever replied to my post asked to let them know if it was successful but I've no idea where I made the post or where I would find their reply. 

7 REPLIES 7
CarlH Moderator

Hi @590101. Which phone do you have and what's the Android version you're currently running? 

First Poster

Galaxy Note 8

Android version 9

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @590101 

is this only happening when you're typing into the Notes app or does it happen wherever you're typing?

First Poster

Hi ChrisM, did reply to this last week but kept getting undeliverable message so trying again.

Galaxy Note 8

Android version 9

First Poster

Just when I use the Notes app, typing anywhere else or in other apps is ok

CarlH Moderator

Are there any updates pending on the app, @590101? It's strange that it's only happening on this and nothing else as the keyboard should be standardised for all apps. 

First Poster

There was an update, but it's made no difference even after restarting the phone

Top Liked Authors