Support

Open search

Samsung a5 2017 sms/mms

SOLVED
First Poster

Hi it's been getting on my nerves now I can't send a long text with out it changing into a mms and I can't send it !!!! Does anybody know how to change it ? Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Smieszka

It's because you're limited to 160 characters per sms message before the message turns into an mms message, all you can do is either split the sms message into 160 character messages or pay to send the mms, usually mms messages aren't part of any contract deal or a bundle deal, you usually pay extra from networks for mms messages.

Superuser I
Superuser I

To add some contracts accounts need provisioning by the networks customer services to send mms.

Mobile Data needs to be turned On to send mms too. 

Perhaps alternatives could be WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and email as some examples.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Smieszka

It's because you're limited to 160 characters per sms message before the message turns into an mms message, all you can do is either split the sms message into 160 character messages or pay to send the mms, usually mms messages aren't part of any contract deal or a bundle deal, you usually pay extra from networks for mms messages.

Superuser I
Superuser I

To add some contracts accounts need provisioning by the networks customer services to send mms.

Mobile Data needs to be turned On to send mms too. 

Perhaps alternatives could be WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and email as some examples.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster
I have the same frustration ... The only difference is that I can send MMS messages and I get charged for it as extra !!!
AND my Samsung phone doesn't tell me that it is converting a message into MMS until it sends it !!!
Highlighted
First Poster
It's ridiculous ... I never had this problem with my old phone.
Why can't Samsung at least create a way of warning you that you have gone over 160 characters so that you break up a message before it gets converted to MMS just as the message gets sent ??
Top Liked Authors