Support

Open search

Samsung S8 plus - fast charger not working

Highlighted
First Poster

When I put the charger in the notification at the top says "fast charging" then ten seconds after it goes back to cable charging. I've tried another charger and the same thing happens. I've looked on Google and it may the temperature of the phone. I had charging issues with my Samsung s6 so am a bit worried. Could anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Does your charger brick and charging cable work with another Samsung Phone that has fast charging capabilities?

One other option is to take both to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location who can run a diagnostic on them. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
First Poster
Yeah mate it fast charges another phone. With mine it'll say fast charging for ten seconds then it'll revert back to cable charging.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

This could then point to a phone issue. 

Can you get it looked at via a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store?

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

apperantly it happens after october's update I still dont get why Samsung couldnt relese another update that fixes the problem and all that left to do is wait till the android 8 update and wish it will help...

Highlighted

Even I have the same issue. It reverts back to cable charging immediately. This is only after the recent update samsung rolled out. are there any alternates for fast charging my phone?

Top Liked Authors