Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Gallery

(Topic created on: 16-07-2017 12:05 AM)
ishawkat
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I've just got a new S8 and created a new samsung account. I copied a lot of photos to my phone and created albums. When I turned on the samsung gallery syc, I woke up the next day to find half of my photos gone. When I turn off the sync option, whole albums disappear. I don't really understand. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Depends what account is being synced, if you've set up a new Samsung account and syncing with that account then you should have them in your gallery. try checking your Samsung cloud storage, they may have been moved there. I'd suggest using Google Photos for backing up and creating albums etc. or for backing up everything in original quality, Dropbox or again, bought Google Photos storage. Samsung's gallery is very dodgy, when I first set up my S8+ I had a few photos I wanted to move from one folder to another. and when I did, they just disappeared into the ether. Couldn't recover them, couldn't find them. I had them backed up in the cloud, thankfully. but the device removed them for some reason.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Depends what account is being synced, if you've set up a new Samsung account and syncing with that account then you should have them in your gallery. try checking your Samsung cloud storage, they may have been moved there. I'd suggest using Google Photos for backing up and creating albums etc. or for backing up everything in original quality, Dropbox or again, bought Google Photos storage. Samsung's gallery is very dodgy, when I first set up my S8+ I had a few photos I wanted to move from one folder to another. and when I did, they just disappeared into the ether. Couldn't recover them, couldn't find them. I had them backed up in the cloud, thankfully. but the device removed them for some reason.