Support

Open search

Samsung S7 fingerprint sensor.

Hello I am new here, 

So yesterday night when I opened my Samsung S7 it randomly started vibrating like the fingerprint sensor doesn't recognize my finger. (Note: this is without me even touching it) 

Now today I woke up and have the exact same problem again. I turn the phone on with the button on the side, It starts mass vibrating again like I am not using the sensor right. it also says "swipe over start and try again" but im not even touching it at all.

This has never happened before so I don't know what's causing it.

Theres a small piece off the home button but thats been gone for over Six months now and never had a problem. 

I've tried to look on the internet but couldn't find anything close to what my problem was.

Is there anything i can do? 

Yours sincerely,

Julian

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Xeo

If this was happening to my phone I'd carry out the following. 

Delete the fingerprints and reset it back up. 

If no help then.......

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live which can help you determine if this is a rogue app. 

If it stops then exit out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps first until it stops. 

If it continues in Safe Mode then turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses enter the phones system files and clear the systems caches. 

If no help then back up and factory reset. 

If that does not remedy the situation then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre will be able to run a diagnostic. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Hi 

I suggest you get on line and take some courses learning about software development for android failing that buy a better phone

Explorer
Oooo very spooky perhaps someone from Samsung spirit world is trying to contact you Xeo 😂🤣😂
Explorer
Sorry mate I am only joking I don't know how you'll sort your issue off hand but I've read some advise that's been given to you and I would take each advise and see if that works I would also definitely factory reset my phone don't forget to back up all your important data as you will lose it but you can once it's factory reset restore your data in fact as your setting up your phone it will actaully ask if you want to restore previous data I feel this should resolve the issue iam a trainee software developer and do know how to solve your issue using developer code which is too complicated to explain unless you have experience in code and I don't want to confuse you so that you end up making the issue worse so I am simply advising you on the last result which is do a factory reset nest of luck and merry Christmas mate
Explorer
Hi
Band of brothers has the best advise for you mate
Top Liked Authors