Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 touch screen not working

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 08:57 PM)
jorgemss0
First Poster
Options

Hello, about two months ago it was raining and the screen became wet then the touch stoped working and received the message that the phone was overheating when it wasnt (but a few minutes everything was ok).

Dont know if have any relation but never have a problem since till yesterday. The touch stoped working then I stoped using it and a few minutes after it was ok again. Today happened the same and a few minutes later it was ok.

But now it works only for about 20 seconds, stop working, wait 20-30 minutes and is working again for 20 seconds and stop again, like this all day. I think the screen is ok but its like get blocked after some seconds using it and the have to wait half hour for some reason.

I reestarted the phone and the problem continues, I wanted to return the phone to factory settings pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together but it doesnt work on my phone.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

First they putting the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see what happens.

Some moisture may have gotten into the phone when it was raining @jorgemss0 

I'd suggest to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre where they can have hands on with it.

Unfortunately if the issue is water damage then your Samsung Manufacturer Warranty wouldn't cover a repair.

If this is the case then use any relevant insurance you may have.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes