Support

Open search

Samsung Profile Sharing Incorrect number

Observer

Hi 

I am also dealing with this same issue has anyone been able to find an answer on how to get it fixed? 

First Poster

TLDR: try inserting your sim card into another phone

I had the same issue. Ported my phone number from another provider, and when I was sending text messages it would use incorrect number. It was ok when calling.. I managed to fix it though. Here are my findings:

1) I tried to sign in / sign out of samsung cloud account and that didn't help.

2) I signed out, I deleted my samsung account (using my computer on samsung website). I registered a new account with the same email - that didn't help. It was still using incorrect number. 

3) Tried to play around with settings such as editing phone number etc. None of that helped.

4) Restarted my phone number of times, with and without sim card. Removing sim card and putting it back didn't work.

5) I've removed the sim card and inserted it into another phone. Then registered that sim card on the network and sent myself a text message. Removed the sim card from this other phone and inserted it into my phone - bingo. Both calling and sending messages now shows correct phone number.

Apprentice

Hi @Mrg1

Thats great to here you sorted your issue. However the issue I have is the old number registered with the samsung profile sharing website, is still showing in the profile sharing panel, and not the number I ported even though its registered with the same site. Has this updated after doing what you did?

Regards,

Liam

First Poster

@liamscor wrote:

Hi @Mrg1

Thats great to here you sorted your issue. However the issue I have is the old number registered with the samsung profile sharing website, is still showing in the profile sharing panel, and not the number I ported even though its registered with the same site. Has this updated after doing what you did?

Regards,

Liam

Hi, yes. Previously it was showing my temporary number instead of the current one. Now it is all good. I am not sure whether deleting my samsung account solved it or inserting my card into another phone though. Might be combination of the two. If you have access to another phone I'd say give that a try. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

No luck for me.

Here's something funny that's happened too. 

So after trying this, I inserted a different sim card into my Note 8. It popped up with a 'confirm your number' in profile sharing, so I put in my actual number, quickly switched sims (to receive the verification code to my actual number) and voila, it worked! Then, as soon as I refreshed, it reverted back to the initial number that my sim card was, which was before porting about 10 months ago. 

Come on Samsung this really is pathetic, not only the problem, but also how long it's taking to get a resolution. Admins/mods please can you pass on my details or message me directly. I want Samsung to try to remove this old number completely from their end (what you can do here, though without the verification code). https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/unregister-profile-sharing/

Apprentice

MAGIC! I've been able to fix it. 

Here's what I did:

- Removed the samsung account from my Note 8 (not deleted the account, just removed it)

- Created a new account online with a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS

- Signed into this new account on my Note 8

- Registered for profile sharing on the new account with my actual number

- Signed out of this 'new' account

- Signed back into my old account (which has all of my photos backed up etc.) 

- Registered for profile sharing again

Voila! At long last. Definitely too much hassle though. 

Apprentice

@leesutton

Glad to hear you have fixed it. Although we should not have to create a new samsung account to fix the issue. Samsung should be able to resolve this issue in the backend. I had a remote session scheduled with them to look into the issue, only to find out after waiting hours for them to contact me, that its not the remote teams problem.

@AndewL @ChrisM @AntS

Please can you find what team deals with this issue, and have them look into.

First Poster

THANK YOU!!! I have been trying to figure out a way to get this fixed for months. Samsung was NO HELP. This worked for me. Took only a few minutes to make it happen.

Apprentice

Well @leesutton

I have also done the steps you suggested and it has now work aswell for me. So well done for finding the solution, and thanks very much.

Regards,

Liam

Explorer

I am not sure if this is relevant to people with this problem, but with the phone number in "About phone" in the settings, the original number of the sim card card was used and could not be changed. 

Recently the Android Operating System was updated and I have found that the number now reflects the new number in the phone.  This shows in my and my wife's S7.

See...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Incorrect-Phone-Number-in-About-De...

Top Liked Authors