Support

Open search

Samsung Profile Sharing Incorrect number

AntS Moderator

Hi @liamscor and @leesutton.

If your SIM card definitely has the latest phone number on it, can you try completely signing out of your Samsung Account, and then signing back into it? That sign out/sign in should reset the Profile Sharing setting - but let us know how it goes.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hi @AntS

I have tried your suggestion, and can confirm it has not worked.

Regards,

Liam

AntS Moderator

@liamscor: Thanks for giving it a go and getting back to us. I've let our software guys know, and either me or one of the other Mods will update you guys with advice/suggestions that they come back with.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks.

Likewise, signing out then back in has no effect. Looking forward to the response. 

Apprentice

Hi @AntS

Any update on this.

Regards,

Liam

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @leesutton and @liamscor.

We've chased for an update on this. We'll get back to you when we've got something back.

I am using Samsung A6. I also have the same issues. I insert two SIMs to my new A6 phone, one SIM uses for calls and another SIM uses only for data. In my profile the data SIM number, appear as a registered number. I edit the profile by retype my correct number. But if I turn off the phone and restart, the old number appearing again.  

Observer

I've had the same issue and 151 have said twice been fixed but my temporary number is still randomly showing when I text.  Did you resolve your issue? Thanks

Apprentice

Hi @ChrisM @AntS

I have done a factory reset, and the issue is still there.

Regards,

Liam

Apprentice

It's really disappointing to still be waiting for a response from Samsung isn't it. 

Why can't they just amend the website to unregister a number, and take into account instances where you no longer have the number (e.g. by porting a number in....). Surely this would be an easy fix to just remove the number from an IMEI.

Come on Samsung! https://www.samsung.com/au/support/unregister-profile-sharing/

Top Liked Authors