Support

Open search

Samsung Profile Sharing Incorrect number

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi All,

I recently switched mobile providers and ported my number in. After the port was complete, everything was working fine. However the samsung profile sharing in the contacts app still shows the temporary number, and there is no way to change this. I found this link http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile/enhancedfeatures/deregister/ however its no good to me since I no longer have access to this number. Looking around other people have also had this issue, one guy said a factory reset fixed the issue, but im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of another solution to the problem.

Regards,

Liam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

MAGIC! I've been able to fix it. 

Here's what I did:

- Removed the samsung account from my Note 8 (not deleted the account, just removed it)

- Created a new account online with a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS

- Signed into this new account on my Note 8

- Registered for profile sharing on the new account with my actual number

- Signed out of this 'new' account

- Signed back into my old account (which has all of my photos backed up etc.) 

- Registered for profile sharing again

Voila! At long last. Definitely too much hassle though. 

39 REPLIES 39
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @liamscor

On occasion a phone will pick up the temporary number on a SIM card and display this in the Device Details instead of your personal number. If this is the case then regretfully this cannot be amended in the device settings, however you can be assured that it will not affect your network capabilities of the functionality of the phone.
Apprentice

Hi @AndrewL

Thanks for your response. The number listed in device details is correct. Its just the samsung profile sharing registered number that is incorrect.

Regards,

Liam

AndrewL Moderator
Apologies for the confusion. Have you tried opening the Contacts app > Selecting 'Myself' at the top > Edit > Scroll down to 'Phone Number' > Make the necessary changes > Save?
Apprentice

Hi @AndrewL

Yes I have, however the profile sharing register number does not reflect that change. I have attached a screenshot of the area, that I cant update. Its the section that says registered information that cant be updated with the new number.

Incorrect Phone number profile sharing.jpg

Regards,

Liam

Apprentice

Hi @AndrewL

Any update on this?

Regards,

Liam

Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem, it would be good to hear a response from Samsung support. They have suggested to me:

Go to My profile > Profile Sharing > More > Registered information > Deregister phone number
Another way to deregister your old phone number would be to go to:
Messages > More menu > Settings > Enhanced messaging > Registered information > More menu > Deregister phone number

Though my note 8 running oreo doesn't have either of these paths. Awaiting a further response... 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Some sort of response would be nice.

Apprentice

Still nothing from Samsung, pretty disappointing 

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @leesutton and @liamscor.

We've logged this with our developers to have a look at. We'll get back to you as soon as we have a response.

Top Liked Authors