Support

Open search

Samsung Note 8 & Call Recording

SOLVED
First Poster

Hello Samsung,

I am a fan of Samsung phones, and Samsung in general for many other devices. I have bought Samsung phones for specific benefits they had, but because of an unfortunate association with Google I might have switch to another provider because a simple benefit I have on the road: CALL RECORDING.

Yes, I'm mostly on the road, or in an imposibility to take proper notes, so call recording was a real benefit even on my Note 8 device (bought for taking notes fast). Please Samsung, don't let me say good bye to you just because Google cut this feature off.

So first question is is possible to get back this option on the last software update?

Second question - if the answer is NO at first question: How can I do a software downgrade on the original software that phone came with - because that version all was properly functioning with call recording?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AntS Moderator

Hi @Lucian_C. No official way to downgrade your firmware. Although "How to's" on them aren't allowed on here,  there are unofficial ways to downgrade - but they carry the kind of risks you'd expect from getting stuff from unofficial sources (potential warranty voidance; possible viruses/malware etc.), and so I'd advise caution and research before carrying any of them out.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this S9 Call Recorder thread for any updates/solutions the guys there discover.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

1 REPLY 1
AntS Moderator

Hi @Lucian_C. No official way to downgrade your firmware. Although "How to's" on them aren't allowed on here,  there are unofficial ways to downgrade - but they carry the kind of risks you'd expect from getting stuff from unofficial sources (potential warranty voidance; possible viruses/malware etc.), and so I'd advise caution and research before carrying any of them out.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this S9 Call Recorder thread for any updates/solutions the guys there discover.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors