Support

Open search

'Samsung My KNOX' problem

SOLVED
First Poster

Hello, I have been struggling to figure out a dual workspace solution for my phone.

I am using 'Samsung My KNOX' on a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) so I can use my phone both as a work phone and as a personal/private phone.

It is working fine except for a glitch with default/pre-installed apps, like Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, etc.

As it turns out, I am "forced" to keep these aforementioned apps installed in both workspaces, unlike all the other apps that are downloaded from the Google Play Store.

More specifically, I can either have:
(a) an app -- let's say YouTube -- in both workspaces installed and fully updated
(b) YouTube uninstalled/disabled in both
(c) YouTube disabled in one workspace and installed in the other but only the default/pre-installed version; if I try to update it, then it automatically installs and updates itself on the other workspace as well.

In the first place, the only reason I wanted to set up a private workspace is because, unfortunately, Google apps have no proper sign-out function. As long as you have signed in with a Google account in your phone's settings then you're automatically signed in every Google app on your phone. Some of them -- YouTube being one -- allow you to sign out, but right after you can just tap sign in, and you are logged right back in without requesting the password.

Only work around I can think of, is logging out my Google account from one workspace and only keep it logged in the other workspace; in this case my private workspace. Which obviously is not a very satisfying solution.

If after all, there's no other work around, and I compromise with being logged in only one workspace, will I be able to erase everything -- in both workspaces on my phone -- using Android Device Manager remotely, if it gets lost/stolen? Or will it just erase the workspace in which I was logged in with my Google account?

Is there something I'm missing here? Thank you in advance for any help. Also, please feel free to move this thread accordingly if I didn't post in the right section.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EmmaS Moderator

Hey Jdocdp, 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community! On MyKnox container there is an option to disable/enable the Google Store apps permanently:

Head to MyKnox > More > KNOX Settings > Application Manager > Select App > "Disable" or "Uninstall updates" of any Google Store apps that are in the container. 

If you need more support with this, we recommend reaching out to our friends at MyKnox! :cathappy:

EmmaS

1 REPLY 1
EmmaS Moderator

Hey Jdocdp, 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community! On MyKnox container there is an option to disable/enable the Google Store apps permanently:

Head to MyKnox > More > KNOX Settings > Application Manager > Select App > "Disable" or "Uninstall updates" of any Google Store apps that are in the container. 

If you need more support with this, we recommend reaching out to our friends at MyKnox! :cathappy:

EmmaS

Top Liked Authors