Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J5 (2016) slow charging

(Topic created on: 25-02-2020 07:23 AM)
aath
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung J5 (2016) and the last days maybe month I have observed that the battery is draining relatively fast, but I thought that it is not a big deal as I use the phone almost 2 and a half years.

I have trouble with charging, I had it about 6 or 7 hours with a charger and in power saving mode and the battery just increased by 10%.

I have checked that I do not have any apps that consume a lot of energy.

Do you have anything to suggest me?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens with battery life @aath 

If the battery improves then one or more of your apps are using the battery more heavily.

If it's the same in Safe Mode then can you screen shot the battery stats and post them here in your thread.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look but may charge as your over the 2 year warranty. They however may not either.

Battery does decrease over time.

If you download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore it should highlight what your battery health is too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
aath
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply, I have tried to charged either in safe mode either when the phone is off, but there was no different behaviour

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome for my reply   @aath 

Hopefully something in the rest of my reply will help. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes