Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 red tint.

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 02:15 PM)
mattytun
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone over the last couple of days I started to show a red pinkish tint on the home screen.

This all happened after a factory reset.

I have installed all my apps and I have the latest firmware update but still there is a pink red tint screen.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@mattytun: If you go to Settings > Display > Screen Mode > Colour Balance, you can adjust the colour tone to suit your preference. If the tint is still present, open the Phone app and dial *#15987# into the telephone keypad and adjust the colour balance accordingly. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Umar-Fernando
First Poster
Options

1. Go to settings

2. Click on about device

3. Click on Software Info

4. Keep clicking on Buikd Number until Developer Mode is turned on (don't mess with any settings in this mode unless you know what you are doing)

5. Go back to settings and click on Developer Mode or on some phones Developer Options 

6. Click on Stimulate display with cut out and change to tall cut out and change back to default 

If you don't see simulate display try playing around with other display settings in developer mode but make sure you do it one at a time so you know how to reverse it if it doesn't solve your problem. 

This fixed the issue in 10 seconds and hope it solves all your issues too. It's quite sad to see so many people going through so much trouble due to this issue. 

0 Likes