Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S8 plus - SCRATCHED SCREEN

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello..

My S8 plus screen got scratched very easy and I was wondering if i can do something to get rid of the scratches without changing the screen...

I love this phone but it gives me a bad feeling when I see those scratches.

If not, if i change the screen it would still be waterproof? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @LuigiUK

Although the screen which is Gorilla Glass 5 is good and strong it will still scratch if caught by coins, keys or hard grit in the pocket or dropped etc etc. 

I wouldn’t suggest to try and buff it out. 

You could use a Glass Tempered Screen Protector or film type screen protector which may hide the scratch. 

Some cases come with built in options. 

Your phone is IP68 certified - dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes, but not waterproof. 

To retain this rating I’d strongly suggest to have the screen replaced by a Samsung Service Location as this Avenue will retain the rating and not void any remaining Manufacturing Warranty.

This wouldn’t be covered under the Warranty so expect a charge. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @LuigiUK

Although the screen which is Gorilla Glass 5 is good and strong it will still scratch if caught by coins, keys or hard grit in the pocket or dropped etc etc. 

I wouldn’t suggest to try and buff it out. 

You could use a Glass Tempered Screen Protector or film type screen protector which may hide the scratch. 

Some cases come with built in options. 

Your phone is IP68 certified - dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes, but not waterproof. 

To retain this rating I’d strongly suggest to have the screen replaced by a Samsung Service Location as this Avenue will retain the rating and not void any remaining Manufacturing Warranty.

This wouldn’t be covered under the Warranty so expect a charge. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

what was the charge for replacing the screen ? 

Apprentice

I haven't replaced the screen... I've put a film type screen protector.

Anyway, I've checked on ismash website and the price is around 250 pounds.

I'm in London, UK.

First Poster

I've had many Samsung phones and this one is the very worst. My back glass shattered by itself, and now the front screen is cracked. I've never had a cracked screen before. Revolting

Top Liked Authors