Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Screen Glitches

SOLVED
Apprentice

Had my S8 + for a couple of days now and have been experiencing intermittent glitches in the form of white static streaks on the top half of the screen - they sometimes appear momentarily while scrolling through apps or the home screens. Seriously frustrating!

Have tried a factory reset and the issue is still there.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Hello, I just wanted to share my experience with this bug/glitch and how I fixed it. The very next day after I bought the s8+, it started to present the flickering screen error, after a lot (I really meant a lot) of testing, either in safe mode or not, the problem persisted. A few days later I had a hunch with the network connection, and now I can confirm this problem shows up whenever the cell phone tries to connect to the gsm network, as the options in network selection are lte/wcdma/gsm in the settings, this was a kickback.. so after looking a little in the play store I found an app that allows you to select/force any type of network. After downloading it, I just selected lte/wcdma and now works perfectly. I did select several times just the gsm network just to be sure this was the bug/glitch trigger, and indeed it is. Feel free to ask any other Q's.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Pathfinder

Hi, @indeep75

Can you lower your screen resolution and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue?

To do this go to Settings > Display > Screen Resolution and then adjust the slider to a lower resolution. 

Apprentice
Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

Have only experienced this at the WQHD+ resolution so far. No issues on FHD+ and lower as yet. Will keep at a lower setting for testing purposes and will update if I still get the issue.

However I purchased this phone with the intention of using it at it's highest resolution so I am keen to get this fixed ASAP.
Pathfinder

Thanks for the information. 

We have escalated this feedback for you and we will let you know once we've got a response. 

Does this happen on any apps in particular? Is it only when you are scrolling? 

Apprentice
Hi. No apps in particular, seems to happen randomly across multiple apps when scrolling through them. It's actually most noticeable when simply scrolling left and right through the home screens. Happens when using all wallpaper types - infinity, live and static (thought it may have been an issue with rendering the infinity wallpaper at first). It's quite random, I can go an hour without it happening and then it occurs regularly for about 5 mins or so.
Apprentice
I can confirm that this issue also occurs when the phone is set to it's intermediate resolution of FHD+.
Pathfinder

Hi, @indeep75

Are you able to take the phone to a Support Centre? You can find all our locations here.

If you are not able to make it to a Support Centre can you drop me a pirvate message so we can disscuss this further? 

First Poster
The Ars technical review of the S8+ states that the phone has scrolling issues ('ghosting' and 'stuttering') :(https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/04/samsung-galaxy-s8-review-shiny-new-hardware-meets-old-softwa...
).
Maybe that's what you are seeing?
Superuser I
Superuser I

8 days of use with 5+ hours a day of screen use on my S8+ and never had I experienced a stutter in the scrolling of the screen in any screen mode (other than a pause due to data loading time) and being a ex nexus user I can tell you the problem of stutter is there even in stock android as there is no way android (yet) has of using a pre load system to buffer. 

First Poster
I am experiencing same issue. Small rectangle about 1/8 inch wide that goes from right side of screen to center. It is static that keeps coming on and off.

I have had the phone for 7 days. It is placed about 3/4 up from bottom to top.