Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S8 Blutooth Problems

First Poster

I am having problems with the Bluetooth dropping conections with my smart watch and other bluetooth devices, I'm not sure if this is a fault or not on my Samsung S8. 

Also I have noticed that the disatance range is no better then my old Samsung S6 when connected to my Bluetooth speaker, I thought that the new Bluetooth 5.0 was supposed to have an extended range of upto 4 times the distance. 

The only fix I have found regarding the dropping conection fault is to reboot the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any Fix?

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi,

Just to say in defence of bluetooth 5 both devices need to have it to truly get the better range as they both have to see each other for it to work, have you tried clearing the bluetooth connections on both items and re pairing? also are you using a Samsung watch?

First Poster

I have tried clearing the Bluetooth settings and resetting the Bluetooth devices this morning, I will give it a day or two to see if this problem still exists. I have  read on a US site that some people are having Bluetooth issues, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be OK.

My watch is a Samsung S2 Classic.

Fair play regarding the bluetooth speaker issue, didn't think of both device would require Bluetooth 5.0.

Superuser I
Superuser I

yeah I had read up bluetooth 5 myself to make sure the other week, just out of curiosity did you do the software reinstall on the S2? I did it on mine when I connected it to the S8+ (only thing I can think of that maybe dif) and not had a issue with my watch. But then again both a headset and speaker have also been connected without issue.. hate it when I can not put a finger on a issue lol. 

First Poster
I did do a software update the other day on my S2 via the Samsung S8, also when I set up my S8 there also was an immediate update for the S8, think this may have been the update to disable the Bixby button.
I will see how my Bluetooth problem goes over the next couple of days, hopefully this will settle down. Just love this phone...
First Poster

I am also having Bluetooth issues. I have an S8 plus and it constantly disconnects from the Bluetooth in my car. I didn't have this issue with any of my other phone's and there's nothing wrong with my cars Bluetooth system. It constantly disconnects and then reconnect itself after about 5 min or so. Very annoying.

Superuser I
Superuser I

quick question is the wifi turned on whilst this is happening?

First Poster
Hi, no the Wi-Fi isn't connected when this is happening.
Superuser I
Superuser I

Sorry I should have re wrote it better was wifi turned on with the phone (my bad)

I have the same issue in my 2011 BMW. It never fully syncs with the bluetooth in car. But the S6 & S7 sync perfectly and confirm it, when you can pull your address book. The S8+ never allows you to synchronize, therefore the 5 minute issue with disconnect if trying to make a call. Because your bluetooth is dropping off and trying to resync itself with the system. Doesn't seem to be backwards compatible with older bluetooth languages.

Hopefully Samsung has a fix for that!!! And yes it is annoying. I have to use a regular bluetooth when driving instead of the integrated bluetooth in car.

Top Liked Authors