Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S6 overheating and losing battery

First Poster

Have a problem with me and my wifes S6. Started in december 2017 on both phones after an update. It suddenly heats up, and there is a huge battery-loss. Easily 50% in 20 minutes. We close all our apps all the time, and clean out memory and all. All apps are set to sleeping when not used. Same problem. Never had this problem with my iphone, and thouht this was a step up, technology wise. The phones are less than a year old. Seems like a software-failure. Without a solution, We will keep these phones as long as possible, and not buying a Samsung phone again. Seems to be the same issue on S7 from what I can read. And probably soon on S8. To expensive for a phone with these problems. We even tried the battery calibration after each new update, *#0228#. Same issue. I guess at some point it will heat so much that something in the phone will make die completely. If there is a fix for this, help would be appreciated. Also cleared the cache several times without success. 

4 REPLIES 4
First Poster

I am having the same exact problem. I've done everything the tech person told me to do, but it hasn't worked.

Observer

Hi there,

Had the same problem with S6 (nearly three years old).

Noticed for several months that my phone was turning very hot to the touch (especially the part above the power button).

What I did to resolve:
Turn of the phone completely by holding the Power Butten and selecting turn off.

Press and keep pressing together the following buttons:
Volume up
Home
Power

Do this until "Samsung" appears on the phone, then wait and eventually a menu will apear.

Make very sure you select the following option by using the VOL + - buttons:
Wipe Cache Partition  (This option does not delete any apps nor user data of your phone), confirm and restart according the instructions displayed on your Terminal.  (Confirm using the power button)

Then reboot the phone by selecting the correct option. (Reboot system).

Phone will restart, initally some apps might take a bit longer to start which makes sense as the cache was emptied.

Good luck, hope it helps solve the problem for you aswell!

Here is how i solved my galaxy overheating draining problem. 

I tried every trick they have and was about to replace battery/mainboard.

I used battery historian to get some direction. I noticed a couple things that were using a lot of cpu

Here is how i solved my galaxy overheating draining problem. 

I tried every trick they have and was about to replace battery/mainboard.

I used battery historian to get some direction. I noticed a couple things that were using a lot of cpu.

One was Google services with no breakdown.  You cant uninstall it.

And there are a number off Google things running.

SO... I went into apps and for every Google service under storage to deleted data and cleared cache. I was care full to read each one before deleting because at some point it said it would remove all.emails.etc. I left that one alone. 

Rebooted, working fine for 2 days.

Top Liked Authors