Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S4 gt-i9505 Vertical Green Line

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi,

A vertical green line has appeared on the left hand side of my S4. I think this is due to the phone being overcharged as I had owned it since 2013 and had left it to charge overnight.( ***** I know ).

How do i get rid of the green line ?

Thanks,

Habib.

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi

If you Google you should find a certain set of button pressess or its a code you key into tje phones phone dialer that brings up 3 different colour panels that can be used to shake up the pixels on the phone.
This sometimes does not work so if so then you'll need to visit a Samsung service location location to have the display replaced as it's a hardware based issue.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Hi,

what text shall i google ?

Habib.

Superuser I
Superuser I
Look in...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s7-edge-pink-line-screen,news-24336.html

Current Phone ~

Explorer

What causes the  green line to appear ?  somebody told me its because i've overcharged the phone by leaving it charging overnight.- is this a reason ?

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi,

Your phone and charger has smart technology so once it's fully charged it'll change automatically to trickle charging.  As far as I'm aware this does not cause this issue. 

This is an issue with stuck pixels. 

Sometimes invoking the different coloured panels and switching between them can help or even slightly pressing on the top left side of the screen can help temporarily as this is typically where the connector is. 

Ultimately it's a screen swap out that's needed. 

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors