Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks but I need my phone for business - posting it isn't an option.

Really disappointed that I bought a premium phone from Samsung at launch and now it's been effectively bricked by an official update 

Apprentice

@The_Sentinel wrote:

@Hi @Timmo........I have tried all the fixes posted on this forum and nothing works.

I also took the phone to the Samsung Experience Store in Cardiff. They told me not to waste my money trying to get the phone fixed, but to put my money into a new phone, as the Note 4 was 'old technology' now (surprise, surprise !)

Following the Android 6.0.1 O/S upgrade, the phone eventually would not even turn on. Also, when plugging it into a PC via a USB cable, I got the message ' device not recognized'.

The phone was otherwise in mint condition and I eventually got tired of wasting so much of my valuable time trying to get it to work. I sold it on eBay as "Not working / for parts only"  and had 20 watchers on the phone and over 500 viewings. got a good price for it too!

I've replaced the Note 4 with a Galaxy S8+ and so far, so good. However, I still prefer the Note 4 for certain things.

Good luck with getting your phone sorted, I gave up with mine after many, many hours of frustration!

Thanks for the info - it still amazes me that a manufacturer can kill it's hardware that's in its customers hands and then offer a solution of buying a replacement. Just imagine if every manufacturer could do this especially after 30 months of usage.

I wouldn't buy another Samsung as they have created a problem and aren't able to fix it, how can they be so crass?

Apprentice

I can well understand your frustration. I also had a similar experience with a Galaxy S3 a few years ago.

My note 4 was just over 2 years old, so I echo your sentiments.

I have only ever used Nokia or Samsung phones (apart from my very first phone which was an  'analogue' Motorola 8800X back in 1990!

I would never buy an i Phone or any other Apple product!

First Poster

Hi It appears to be an issue with an update it can be fixed by installing a wakelock application form the play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl&hl=en

The set it to partial wake lock and set it to auto start on boot.

Does Samsung read these and is there any sign of an update to fix this issue?

First Poster

It looks like the update has struck again.  Coincidence maybe.... Updated my note 4 over the air on saturday and the phone had I believe got more sluggish than usuall.  So much so that I turned off some of the graphics settings to speed up the interface.   Changing apps was slower and gmail took several seconds to start.  SNote wouldnt even start this morning.  And then it locked up with the Vibrator on.  only way to recover was by removing the battery,  luckily I can do that with the note 4.

Then the emmc failure message came up..  tried recovery but then got the "dm-verity verification failed".

Then I tried to read the recovery logs twice. And got :-

Supported API:3

# Manual MODE #

-- Appling Multi-CSC...

Applied the CSC-code : VOD

Successfully applied multi-CSC

I tried exiting the boot menu using the reboot menu option and the phone locked up requiring a battery removal to recover.

Now trying Wake Lock but ....nope it failed after 30 mins.

Its all a bit strange how I now no longer get the emmc error.  I also have two samsung batteries... and niether fix this issue. Ive read a few posts already.  Dont fancy flashing a new ROM yet as this takes some time and patience and luck.

is there anything coming from samsung software department regarding this issue????

Highlighted
First Poster

YOU SOUTH KOREAN A*******, YOU S***** SAM DEV TEAM! YOU F***** OUR PROPERLY WORKING NOTE 4 (N910C) WITH THE S***** MARSHMALLOW UPGRADE. YOU DESTROYED THE ACCESS TO MICRO SD CARD BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO SELL YOUR BULKY NOTE 5 (LIKE A BRICK). OUR NOTE 4s ARE SUFFERING WITH MARSHMALLOW. YOU ARE STILL CHEATING NOTE 4 USERS WITH BUNCH OF B****** SECURITY UPDATES. NOTHING IS CHANGING WITH THESE S*** UPDATES. YOU HAVE TO (YOU HAVE TO) GIVE ANDROID NOUGAT TO NOTE 4 AND REPAIR YOUR FAULT. NOTE 4 IS HIGHLY CAPABLE OF NOUGAT. YOU ARE GIVING THE UPDATE FOR GALAXY ACE 4 (WHICH HAS THE SAME PRODUCTION DATE LIKE NOTE 4, IT IS 2014) AND YOU DON'T GIVE A PROPERLY WORKING UPDATE TO NOTE 4. DON'T CHEAT SAMSUNG USERS. NOBODY IS STUPID.

Top Liked Authors