WOW! I managed to downgrade to the old version!!! I think I got lucky. I went to the Play store and searched for the email app. I hit Uninstall, it spins around for a while, I guess because I cant be uninstalled, but eventually when I went back to the email app, It was on the old version!!! Im up and running again!
DO NOT UPGRADE AT ANY COST !
Good Luck everyone
I was having same issues but then I formatted my phone. Now I am forced to use exchange in gmail kind of account. Can you help ke with some other way I can use exchange in same old way. This gmail kind of account is pathetic.
I do no receive push notifications on my Samsung J5 with Samsung email app 6.0.02.12 so still not fixed. I have to open app to get emails.
Yep, the same issue as I've got - it's as if the app goes to sleep periodically. A couple of observations I've picked up on since this issue started a few months back..
1: If I run device maintenance and close down all sleeping/open apps, this seems to prod a sleeping email into life and unblock "missing" notifications.
2: If I change from WiFi to mobile, or vice versa, this has a habit of prodding a sleeping email into life.
3: If the phone is just left, it *usually* unblocks itself after a few hours. But not always.
I have the same issue, mails are stuck in Outbox using data mobile network (Works on Wifi). We're using exchange ActiveSync.
- I cleaned the partition cache
- I Installed Samsung email BETA 188.8.131.52
Problem is still present. I don't know what to do anymore. We have a fleet of devices using Samsung Email app, this kind of issue from a big company like Samsung is not acceptable.
Old version 184.108.40.206 works perfectly with Exchange (S8 on Android 9)
I downgraded back to that version from the original faulty 6.0.01.11.
So option is to downgrade (if thats practical for multiple phones) To do that you'll need to;
1. Uninstall current version
2. Turn off auto update in Google Play Store and in Galaxy Store. Leave it off otherwise auto-updating will take you back to square one.
3. Configure phone to allow "unknown" apps to install
4. Download 220.127.116.11 APK from a mirror site. Just search for 18.104.22.168 - there are several to found. Softpedia is one and has instructions on point 3 above.
5. Install and set up Exchange account again if needed.
I updated the email system yesterday and now I cannot send emails from my phone. First time this has happened and not sure how to fix it. I am able to receive but not send. I can send emails through the same email system on other devices. Thanks!