Support

Open search

Samsung Email Version 6.0.01.11 Issues

Apprentice

Did you received the new version directly from them, or you got it in a specific place or adress.

If so, is it possible to share that new version?

Is my case I am already using Android 9.0.0 (PIE) and eventually it is not yet compatible, but cem be for many others.

Is it posible to share?  Thank you. Regrads.  José

First Poster
It is pushed directly and installed as automatic update and I did not have to go to Galaxy Store or do anything.
Apprentice

Hi,

I can add an issue.

in this version push doesen't work anymore. To sync your inbox or calendar you have to open the app and trigger sync manually.

Cheers

Apprentice
I worder how can we do that, because I canot see any way to obtain this 6.0.01.14 version.
Anyone already got the chance to obtain this new version?
If so, how?
Because, in may case I am stick to the 01.11 version, and I beleive the only chance I get it is to update to an upper number version, but that is difficult to come public. Dam Samsung.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Explorer

Jasp,  this is so simple.   Just email b2b.sec@samsung.com and tell them and give them your Google Play account email.

They will email you back a confirmation and shortly the update will be in your google play.

So simple

First Poster
For me after sending the email and registering to the beta version the update is automatically pushed and installed for me overnight, I didn't need to find it in the Store.
Explorer

Hi,  yes I guess if you waited it would happen automatically,  but I kept checking as I wanted it now and saw the update and just installed it myself.  But im sure if you just waited it would happen.

Apprentice

@syrinx wrote:

Hi,

I can add an issue.

in this version push doesen't work anymore. To sync your inbox or calendar you have to open the app and trigger sync manually.

Cheers

Hi @syrinx 

Do you still experience this problem what I'm having? 

My problem is the email app doesn't push emails thru, I have to manually check emails when I go into the app. 

My settings is on Auto, this means emails should come thru automatically but it doesn't .

If so, how did you solve it? 

Thanks

First Poster

@f1rich wrote:

@syrinx wrote:

Hi,

I can add an issue.

Cheers

Hi @syrinx 

Do you still experience this problem what I'm having? 

My problem is the email app doesn't push emails thru, I have to manually check emails when I go into the app. 

My settings is on Auto, this means emails should come thru automatically but it doesn't .

If so, how did you solve it? 

Thanks

I meant to reply to this, as it sounds like the same problem I've noticed.

An IMAP account is set to auto-sync, notify immediately etc, and since the 6.00.01.11 update was installed, I'm convinced it's not as reliable.

After any "Interaction" with the email app, immediate notifications of new emails work perfectly for a period of time. Without changing any settings, after a period of time, these stop. Emails can be arriving but the notifications don't. If you were to load the app, it'll sync immediately and those "missed" mails will arrive. But you have to have loaded the app. If you don't... no notification. I think there's some kind of "fail safe" after several hours, but in the meantime.. nothing.

I've raised a few support cases on the Samsung members app and sent numerous log files, but all I've got back are the standard first-line script responses.

Apprentice

Typical of Samsung not to give us a straight answer 

I really don't want to install outlook as I prefer Samsung email app but if this does get fixed then will have to consider outlook 

Top Liked Authors