Support

Open search

Samsung Cloud restore keeps crashing

Hi,

Got this error it keeps crashing when restoring apps, as a result I can't restore, I'm running Oreo on S8+

Any help much appreciated thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @willhub

If this was my situation I'd try both on WiFi and or a good strong 3g / 4g network connection but if no joy then logging out of my Samsung Account on the phone and then turn it Off and On. 

Then log back in and try again. 

A Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store can run a diagnostic on the phone but it could be that for some reason the cloud back up is corrupted. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

I was getting the "Samsung Cloud has stopped" every three or four seconds none stopped, it was driving me crazy. I read, installed, reinstalled, tried this and that till a post from 2013 came along that said it could be a problem with the auto update. My phone was set to update via wifi only and that was the problem. It's not a fix but a workaround. Once I changed the wifi only option, the nag stopped popping up.

The problem is still there and it cost me for the data used to update, I hope Samsung can come up with a fix.

Apprentice

I was getting the "Samsung Cloud has stopped" on my phone every three or four seconds non stop, it was driving me crazy. I read, installed, deleted, reinstalled, tried this and that until a post from 2013 came along that said it could be a problem with the auto update. My phone was set to update via wifi only and that was the problem. It's not a fix but a workaround. Once I changed the wifi only option, the nag stopped popping up.

The problem is still there and it cost me for the data used to update, I hope Samsung can come up with a fix.

Navigator
Log out of the Samsung cloud account and create a new account and do a back up and then restore if this works then try your existing account and it should work also go into settings - apps - 3 dots on the top right - select show system apps - scroll to Samsung cloud and clear the cache and data if failing that go back into the Samsung cloud through apps and show system apps and you will see 3 dots on the top right - click that and select uninstall updates and then update the cloud - restart you phone and try again good luck
AntS Moderator

Any joy with what wyse_terminal suggested there, @Daviedave?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors