Support

Open search

STILL no Oreo update on my S8 Plus

First Poster

Hi all,

New to this forum so here goes! I've still not had my 8.0 Oreo update 🤔. The device was brought fully unlocked from new on Samsung UK's Amazon store, it has an O2 SIM and all auto download features are turned on in software update settings. 

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong as a lot of other S8 owners now have had their updates for a few months now.

Many Thanks

Simon

4 REPLIES 4
First Poster

Can't help I'm afraid. But am in the exact same boat so I hope someone can help with this 🤞

Highlighted
CarlH Moderator

Hi @Mengl2483 and @simon_88. If you have access to a computer, Smart Switch can also update your phone. Here is the link to the download file. 

First Poster

Oh really. I didn't know that 👍. Will give it a try. Thanks

First Poster

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @Mengl2483 and @simon_88. If you have access to a computer, Smart Switch can also update your phone. Here is the link to the download file. 

I've just installed SmartSwitch on PC and it says my devive is up to date even though its still on Android 7.0

This seems very strange, i've even called samsung about this and they told me (over the phone) to wait for an update, they gave me no timescale as to when they'll be pushing out updates for unlocked devices. i.e they had no idea!

I've come to the conclusion now that they won't be updating unlocked devices as its been almost 12 months since they started pushing updates out for the carrier devices, now with Android 8.0 being outdated it's self with in introduction of Android 9.0 i guess i'll stick with Android 7.0 indefinatley. 

Top Liked Authors