Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 volume up and down tone

(Topic created on: 14-06-2019 06:22 PM)
deanmacgregor
First Poster
Options

I can't find anyone talking about this.  I have turned system sounds off, yet when I press up and down on the volume buttons, there is a tone when I press.  How do I disable this tone please.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@deanmacgregor: I've had a look into this and I can't find a way to disable the tone that plays when you increase/decrease the Ringtone Volume using the Volume buttons on the side of the phone. As a workaround, and I appreciate it's not ideal, please tap the Volume Up/Down button > Swipe down on the volume slider to show your Volume menu > Select 'Use Volume Keys for Media'. Now, if you want to increase/decrease your Ringtone Volume you will need to tap the Volume Up/Down button > Swipe Down on the slider and user the Ringtone slider manually. Note: If you do this via Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, then it will play your ringtone, so best avoid that method. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@deanmacgregor: I've had a look into this and I can't find a way to disable the tone that plays when you increase/decrease the Ringtone Volume using the Volume buttons on the side of the phone. As a workaround, and I appreciate it's not ideal, please tap the Volume Up/Down button > Swipe down on the volume slider to show your Volume menu > Select 'Use Volume Keys for Media'. Now, if you want to increase/decrease your Ringtone Volume you will need to tap the Volume Up/Down button > Swipe Down on the slider and user the Ringtone slider manually. Note: If you do this via Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, then it will play your ringtone, so best avoid that method. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
0 Likes
deanmacgregor
First Poster
Options
Thank you, I would have thought this could be an option they could add in future updates if I can give feedback.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
No problem. I'll raise it with our R&D guys to see if this feature can be implemented in future models/updates.
0 Likes