Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ very laggy after update 26th pf Sep 19 while scrolling

(Topic created on: 29-09-2019 06:01 AM)
Thepafin
First Poster
Options

Since the update I noticed RIGHT AWAY how laggy the phone became instantly after reboot. I was thinking its only because the phone has to boot up properöy and it will get better after a few minutes. But days later and several restarts later - its still very laggy. It feels like it left obly a third of the Cpu horsepower and not as if its a powerfull phone. More like my old old samsung from 2013, same feeling while scrolling in apps and pictures galery which takes now MUCH longer to load the pictures. 

Im very disapointed how annoying and forcing Samsung phones behave when there is an update. I would love to skip the update as long everything is functioning perfecrly fine but you cant just decline the notification and remove it so it forces you to update..  And it feels like Samsung manually making my phone slower to make me buy a newer model which makes me sad about the brand

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A person can decline an update and leave it pending.

Try the following tip.

Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache files. This does not delete any of your saved info.

And or put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If the phone improves then one or more of your downloaded apps isn't fully optimised yet is my guess.

If you have the reduced animations toggled On in the phones settings then toggle that Off if you have this setting as I've found this can cause scrolling to be slow.

If that does not help then Sometimes if a phone is lagging etc after an update then I've known that after backing up and removing any relevant Sd card perform a factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic on the phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes