Support

Open search

S8 typing errors?

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi, I've just got an S8, when I use the keypad it keeps missing letters i type or even puts i a sp ace where I don't want them? Can anyone help please. I should add I know nothing about tech

Many thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KellyM Moderator

Hey @Andy041.

If you're still having problems, can you try clearing the keyboard data? Head to: Settings > Applications > More > Show system apps > Samsung keyboard > Storage > Clear data. Please note that this will clear all data from your keyboard - it will start from fresh. 

17 REPLIES 17
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Andy041, the good news is you can change the layout on the Samsung keyboard if need or even download another that may suit you better  as I don't think it would be the touch panel as they are tested before release (but not full proof) 

for the Samsung keyboard

Configure Samsung Keyboard

To customize Samsung keyboard:

1. From home, swipe up to access Apps.
  2. Tap settings app icon Settings > general management settings icon General management > Language and input > On-screen keyboard.
  3. Tap Samsung keyboard for options.

From there you can turn off things like Auto spacing which may cause these issues.

The other option is try another Keyboard system which you can download from the APP store

Swiftkey (My recommended one)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en

Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin&hl=en

There are many out but those are the easy to use ones.

Now if this you have a issue with the touch screen all you need to do is simply go to the Samsung apps and use Samsung notes and change from keyboard to brush and then slowly run you finger around the areas you think might be affected and look to see if the brush has miss any areas. (Simpler the going in to the diagnostics and running the test from there). Hope that is some help for you.  

Apprentice
Hi, it's not the layout all, it seems to just do errors when typing!
Andy
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok going to try to work this so not to offend but ether you are catching the wrong keys or are you saying the screen is out of alignment?  just for an experiment try a different keyboard that would rule out the Samsung keyboard.

KellyM Moderator

Hey @Andy041.

If you're still having problems, can you try clearing the keyboard data? Head to: Settings > Applications > More > Show system apps > Samsung keyboard > Storage > Clear data. Please note that this will clear all data from your keyboard - it will start from fresh. 

Apprentice

Hi, thank you very much for the help i think it's done now

Andy

Apprentice

Thank you for the help it seems to be ok now

Andy

First Poster

Hi, I'm having errors too and just did the note draw and found a gap. What's the next step? How do I fix it? 

I had same problem + more. Phone was 21 days old.

Went back to AT&T and turned it in. I did have insurance on phone.  New one coming.

Hope I have better luck with the next one.

First Poster

hi, I was having the same problem with my s9, doing as suggested above and going into Samsung Keyboard sorted the problem for me,  simple to do, thanks.

Top Liked Authors