Support

Open search

S8+ some camera features gone after Pie update

First Poster

After the recent software update to my S8+, the brightness slider/toggle that was always on screen within the camera app (allowing manual adjustment of brightness before taking a photo) has disappeared! 

This was one of the best features of the s8+ camera! I've hunted through all of my settings to see if there's an option of getting it back, to no avail. The new camera is terrible! 😔 

Does anyone know how to get it back??

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

Good idea, I would also like these (simplified) features in the normal photo mode.

Sure, it's still possible in the pro mode but that's slightly hard for a mere mortal like me 😉

Okay, I'm a bit techie but not a pro photographer 😊

Highlighted
First Poster

The feature I'm talking about isn't available in pro mode either

Superuser I
Superuser I

It's not called that but its definitely achievable by using professional settings.

Here is a great topic with in depth detail:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Lounge/Mobile-photo-2-Exposure/td-p/961626/jump-to/first...

@Libb did a terrific job explaining it, that said. An easier alternative would be nice 😄

First Poster

Yes an easier alternative would definitely be preferable - like the way it was before! I'm no photographer either so unfortunately using pro mode isn't an option for me. The quick and easy way of adjusting focus and exposure was perfect, and now it's gone. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Just click anywhere and the slider appears for a while. Or are you talking about something else?

Screenshot_20190317-094541_Camera.jpg

Superuser I
Superuser I

Just click anywhere and the slider appears for a while. Or are you talking about something else?

Screenshot_20190317-094541_Camera.jpg

Top Liked Authors