Support

Open search

S8 smart lock - trusted location issue

Apprentice

Hi,

the smart lock - trusted location option is not working as it should do.

i've set up my home address as a trusted location, however, my S8 device is unlocked everywhere.

just realised this while i was in the office, that i can access my device withouth using the PIN or the fingerprint.

i've oppend the maps and the location that it shows up is correct. 2miles away from my home address.

the only workaround that i found was to turn off the trusted location, and now the device is asking for the PIN.

this is a serious security issue. the trusted location option is not that trusted

any idea?

thanks,

sabina

115 REPLIES 115
Helping Hand
Are you using a smartwatch? Trusted login works with: location, available network, smart watches, other devices.
It might be that you have an other device on you with the same samsung account, therefor the phone will think you are always nearby a trusted location/device/network.

---------
Never gonna give you up!
Mvg,
T.K.
Highlighted
Apprentice

thanks for your reply TalihK

have no other devices that are connected with my samsung account.

and my S8 is using the mobile data not the wifi network that i have in my office, so it's not the network either.

the only option that i choosed for the smart lock is the location. nothing else.

thanks,

sabina

Helping Hand
Then it might be a bug in the software. Delete samsung account and re-add. Go to: Settings> General management> Reset settings. (This wil reset the main settings).

Other option is to wipe cache partition see website: https://www.pntbrother.com/galaxy-s8-hard-reset/
***Be carefull with wiping cache partion, 1 wrong click and you hard-reset your phone.

---------
Never gonna give you up!
Mvg,
T.K.
First Poster

Same issue after last update...   sucks!  Wish I had not broken my S7, I think I liked it better

First Poster
I also have an issue with trusted places as it keeps turning off at my home address. After the last software update it stopped working. Before I reset anything, is there a bug in the software? If so this needs to be fixed ASAP by Samsung. Reading through other forums this does not seem to be an isolated case.
Apprentice
i also have issue with trusted places not working at home

Hi,

I had the same issue and resolved it by wiping the cache partition!

Alec

First Poster
Same issue.
Fixed the issue by deleting the samsung account for a new login, but I think it's not normal ...
Apprentice

I´m having the same problem.

SmartLock with trusted location has been working for a few days.

Then, some days it works, some days it seems to be misplaced.

I don´t think it´s usual or normal to wipe chache os uninstall an account to maintain the service working properly.

Samsung must send a fix to this bug ASAP.

Top Liked Authors