Support

Open search

S8 rejecting one number

Highlighted

Please help! My phone is rejecting calls from my partners number. I have contacted my network provider and done all trouble shooting. He is not on on my blocked list and when I put my SIM in another handset he can call me. 

I am receiving his texts but whenever he calls, my phone rejects it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I must admit my first thought was the call blocking feature. 

Can you contact him Ok ?

Are no other contacts affected or by using the dial pad to ring someone ?

Can you go into Settings - Apps - Phone - Clear its Cache and Data. 

I think as you’ve found out it’s not your account or SIM card by testing the sim in another phone I’d be inclined to create Back-Ups and Factory Reset the phone. 

If that does not work then if your Network supplied the phone ask for it to be swapped out if your still in any cooling off period or sent off for testing. 

Or find your most local Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location for help. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my partner's number with all the same symptoms.  Only difference is I'm using an A5.

Highlighted
Just seen this is an old message, did you fix the problem?
Highlighted

@AquilaAl: If you're still getting texts from your partner's number then might be worth rechecking to see if you somehow have that number on the block list in the Phone app. Not sure which A5 you've got, but on an A5 2017 you can check by Phone > 3 dots (Menu) > Settings > Block Numbers.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors