Support

Open search

S8 oreo battery drain

Apprentice

The thing is getting worse ... it's crd7 firmware out and it's not fixed ... I went to Samsung service and they told me that they know about the problem and we only have to wait for a fix. But seriously Samsung after 3 Oreo updates you haven't fixed such a serious bug ??? 

Not going to buy Samsung again for sure... 3 months with self consuming battery it's very annoying 

First Poster

I'm saying that I'm stupid as I went to oreo.
Extremely draining battery, phone is completely useless.

First Poster

where's fxxking update???

Apprentice
The CRD7 update fixed the airplane mode but the 4g keeps draining when in standby. The phone endurance is quite good but standby still by far behind nougat... In a full charge cycle I observed a 30% drain by this . The maximum standby of my phone is 32 hours without touching it .... Nougat was 45+
AntS Moderator

Hi guys.

Noticed something similar happening on S7's recently; and I've raised an escalation on it - along with what you S8 guys have reported - to our software team.

Have any of you sent error logs to the software teams in your area via the Members app? (Check out LiamH's post here for details on how to do that if you're in the UK/Ireland - other countries may vary.)

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Nice suggestion . I just submitted the bug , lets see if they will respond. Its very bad that they take so much to fix such a basic bug . It's more than 3 months with Oreo . If its like this why they took 5 betas and so much testing for the Oreo ? It's too bad because other than battery life its better than nougat .

Apprentice

I submitted. I got the standard reply: delete cache, turn off wifi/data when not in use, turn off running apps, soft reset, factory reset and then if still draing take to service centre.
They are missing the point. Yes I have tried the above (except for service centre). I didn't have to do any of this before last update and now I have lost about 20% of my battery life.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi all. Posted in this in the other thread, but letting you S8 folks know too:

Just a brief update: Our software teams are investigating this issue, but determining an exact cause has proven to be more challenging than expected. They're continuing to look into this until they find a cause and a solution for you - and we'll keep you posted on any news.

In the meantime, please do keep submitting your experiences here and log files via error reports through the Members app; as well as keeping your phone's software and apps updated to the latest versions.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

This is ridiculous.  You essentially ruined my phone.  I wake up in the morning, unplug it and by 11am it's already at 5%.  Even apple doesn't slow your phone down this quickly within 1 os upgrade.  Class action anyone???

Apprentice

My phone, Galaxy S8 BTU version UK, is suffering from increased battery drain since last update too. 

Not installed any new apps or anything that could drain my battery. On standby, not being used at all it is dropping 5% per hour even in Safe Mode. Cleared phone's cache, apps cache. Tried safe mode. Still the same. Before last update it would drop 5-7 percen over night. I left my phone with 35% battery at 10pm last night, checked it at 1am and it was down to 20%. 

My battery life used to be really good, now I can't make it through the day.

Security patch level 1st August.

This needs fixing ASAP or I'll just get rid of my Sammy and go for something else, and the choice is massive. 

Top Liked Authors