Support

Open search

S8 not reading sim card

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I got an unlocked S8 about a month ago and it worked great, today I changed the sim card and the S8 did not read the card. I thought it was the sim so I put the sim card that was previously in it back in and it does not work. All the sim cards work on my S5 Neo. I have restarted the phone, I have done a factory reset,  I have cleared the cache. Nothing worked.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Voyager

No worries, @Larrylogoh. I'd recommend visiting one of our Authorised Support Centres for an engineer's inspection. It is a drop in service and our colleagues will aim to inspect your phone in the same visit: https://t.co/dMMq3jNuEX is there one you can get to? 

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Larrylogoh

That's not good  :(

May I ask where you purchased it from? 

I'm hoping it's not been imei locked.

In the UK we have a site called Checkmend that shows if a phone has been blocked. 

Ensure the SIM card is seated properly and there's no foreign object such as long etc on the SIM card slot. 

If all else fails then you could try using a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store for help. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

I didnt purchase it myself so I'd have to ask, a relative bought it for me as a gift.

Is that what happens to imei blocked phones though?  It just doesn't recognize any sim at all?

I'll try and check if that's the case.

I have also checked if there's anything in the sim slot, so far I see nothing, nothing that is big enough to see anyway.

AntS Moderator

Hi @Larrylogoh. How did you get on with this?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

I haven't, I plan on taking it to an expert to take a look at it for me

Voyager

No worries, @Larrylogoh. I'd recommend visiting one of our Authorised Support Centres for an engineer's inspection. It is a drop in service and our colleagues will aim to inspect your phone in the same visit: https://t.co/dMMq3jNuEX is there one you can get to? 

First Poster

No unfortunately, thanks for all your help

CarlH Moderator

We can arrange a courier to collect your phone and take it to our Service Centre if you like, @Larrylogoh? If you want to go ahead with this, send me a message and I'll get it sorted!

Top Liked Authors