Support

Open search

S8 keeps restarting by itself

SOLVED
First Poster

Mine S8 restarting it self and randomly going black screen with a padlock that unlocks on main screen. Then I'm forced to put in my pin code, the phone saying it's restarted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

My S8 kept restarting and it' 5 weeks old . I reset the phone it seems to be ok now but if it happens again I'll be returning it . 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I
Hi

If this was my phone then if I was within any relevant cooling off period of ask for a swap for a new phone.

If past the cooling off period I'd first try clearing the system caches and see if that helps.

Delete any recent apps that maybe rogue especially if downloaded via an apk file.

If no help then back up and factory reset.

If no resolution get help from a Samsung service location.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

My S8 kept restarting and it' 5 weeks old . I reset the phone it seems to be ok now but if it happens again I'll be returning it . 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Common problem.  Usual troubleshooting may not fix it.  This is a Samsung problem they need to own up to a fix.

Check out this thread on this board

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A-Series/phone-keep-restarting-by-itself/m-p/1435268/high...

Apprentice

I had this same problem and I myself kept doing the forced reset and after a while cleared up but then it'd freeze when I chose to restart it. I couldn't find a troublesome app to blame and I've put it down to one of the security updates having a bug somewhere. Once I did get a reply off Samsung saying they knew about the problem and that they would sort the problem out. Touch wood mine has been ok for the last few weeks. Hope you sort yours out mate

Top Liked Authors