Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 got error message "Unable to play during call" after updated Android 8.0 Oreo

(Topic created on: 26-03-2018 09:18 AM)
chrislu
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

I've got a problem I'm trying to setup Notification sounds. When I select the notification sound, it shown me on the screen "Unable to play during call " but no one is calling me and I don't make any phone call, too.

The same issue when I pressed voice record button, it shown "Unable to record during call"
Same issue when I pressed the video record button, the button is disabled and cannot record video.

When I facing this issue, the sound of my phone is lost, cannot hear anything. I must restart my phone, but issue comes back again after that.

I also sent my phone to Samsung Customer Service to check, but it didn't solve the issue.

Very bad experience after updated Android 8.0. Hope Samsung look at this case and have a fix soon

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Chewbacca
Navigator
Options
Hi Chris
Are you still having this issue.

If so i might have a fix for you.
Try going into settings > application > click on the three dots in the top right hand corner> click on show system apps.
go through the list of the apps, there will be three calls Phone. Go into each one click on storage and clear cache and data for all three phone apps.
This should resolve your issue.

View solution in context

Solution
chrislu
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, after I hard reset my phone many times, I found out this issue was caused by an app. So after uninstalled that app, the phone is ok now.

View solution in context

28 REPLIES 28
Aldaawi88
First Poster
Options

It's the same problem I've been facing since I bought the S8 last November, every time I play something even on the internet the sound becomes like very low and all notifications turned off and can't play any sound track on the phone...all what I get is unable to play during a call!!!!

Solution
Chewbacca
Navigator
Options
Hi Chris

Try going into settings > application > click on the three dots in the top right hand corner> click on show system apps.
go through the list of the apps, there will be three calls Phone. Go into each one click on storage and clear cache and data for all three phone apps.
Solution
chrislu
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, after I hard reset my phone many times, I found out this issue was caused by an app. So after uninstalled that app, the phone is ok now.

AkshayaJegad
First Poster
Options

Hey ,

M also facing the same issue. All sounds like alarm,media,call speaker, gmaps audio everything plays in ear speaker instead of external speaker. Restarting my phones will fix the issue for sometime, but somehow its ends up playing in ear speaker. And today morning my alarm ditched me nd when I tried to change some alarm tone I saw this error "unable to play during call", only then I figured this issue is still flowing across samsungs 'S' series. S6 had a similar issue and there was an update i hope.

I also had few soft sip phone apps like zoiper, portsip which I uninstalled and wiped out phone cache and seems to be working for few hours now. I hope it lasts!   

0 Likes
tweedly62
First Poster
Options

I cleared the phone cache on all 3 and restarted my phone. It appears to be good now thanks for the advice

@Chewbacca wrote:
Hi Chris

0 Likes
octoweenie
First Poster
Options
Thanks chewie, that worked!
0 Likes
GabrielPotter
First Poster
Options

I actually experienced this problem on my Samsung J7 Plus 32GB. That started this January 2019. When I'm listening to songs, the sounds are too low and when I clicked the volume up button, it says "In Call Volume" which is on full volume. I also checked the Media volume and it's on full but the sounds is really low. In addition, when I go to "Clock" and listen to my alarm tone, it's not ringing and I always got a message "unable to play during call". I don't have a call eh'. For this to fix I always need to Restart my phone which is really tiring. I don't want to reset my phone. I hope you can help me. Thanks

0 Likes
BritCup
First Poster
Options

Which app was it?

0 Likes
PamelaGaz
First Poster
Options

I am still getting this issue. I have to daily clear my phone data & rebppt my phone. I have a phone that now does everything except receive calls!

Can anyone help me?

0 Likes