Support

Open search

S8 front camera focus issue

Pathfinder

Hi @Storagon

It sounds like it would be a good idea to visit a nearby Service Centre to get this sorted out, as we don't want you shaking the phone to use the camera. You can find a Service Centre here

If you can't find one near you, reach out to our Support Team. They'll be able to discuss the next steps to follow.

Thanks,

LiamH

take_01.jpg

PEEEEERFECT!!! I never would have thought of that. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much! ;-)

So I do YouTube videos using the front camera but every bloody ten seconds it focuses and is keep twitching and is really annoying for me as a youtuber and if I watched these id turn off is there a way to stop it from tweeking and focusing in and out in seconds - I dont mean it focuses right in then out but the screen just keeps tweeking focus movement.

AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Nextc

If you open the camera app and tap the cog symbol in the top right corner, is 'Tracking AF' active? If so then please disable this feature and let us know if this helps.

I'm having the same issue with my front camera auto focusing ever few seconds it's really bad when I'm on a video call, but it does it all the time. The tracking AF is switched off and it's never been on what can I do to solve this issue. Thank you

@AndrewL wrote:
Hi @Nextc

If you open the camera app and tap the cog symbol in the top right corner, is 'Tracking AF' active? If so then please disable this feature and let us know if this helps.

I'm having the same issue with my front camera auto focusing ever few seconds it's really bad when I'm on a video call, but it does it all the time. The tracking AF is switched off and it's never been on what can I do to solve this issue. Thank you

First Poster

It still happens periodically but a gentle shake sorts it out. Would be odd to visit one of your service centres where I would be met with lots of shrugging shoulders, generally bored looks and some rolling of the eyes if I persisted. I got all of those from my local Vodafone shop in the UK. All followed by the.....we'll send it away. Prefer the odd shake of the phone. Might be good if you sorted out the software issue though...........

@xoDiana wrote:

I know its a little late and its 2018 now , but maybe somebody needs this : Open Camera and just shake the device a little bit 😂 and thats it .

Sorry but this absolutely baffled me. Was almost ready to go to an engineer, tried everything. Shake the device! Thanks so much, this is insane that it worked 😂😂

First Poster

I did the front camera test"mega cam"-(*#0*#)..and the reply was ...Warning A/F  failed

DannyT Moderator

In this case, we'd advise popping into your local Samsung Support Centre to get this looked at, @Shawnanicole. You can find the closest Support Centre to yourself here.

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Top Liked Authors