Support

Open search

S8 front camera focus issue

SOLVED

Two days old. Took great photos yesterday. Today ain't focus at all. Completely blurry. Selfie cam is fine. Reset camera setting and nothings changed.

Any help appreciated 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Uday47 and @Conor123456.

You can try a camera test on your phone to see if there is an issue with the hardware or the software.

Let’s try this, go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests. Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. Review the photo and let me know if the camera works fine here. 

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge   

TracyR Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, @Uday47.

I'd advise popping into a Service Location to have this looked at by an engineer.

You can find your nearest HERE, alternatively you can contact Samsung Support HERE to arrange for a Postal Inspection Repair.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

23 REPLIES 23
First Poster

Hello 

I recently bought a new Samsung S8 a week back. 2 days back my front camera focus is not working. The pictures i click from front camera is very blur. It does not focus on any object. 

Kindly help to resovle this issue.  A week into a new phone and the camera is not working. 

TracyR Moderator

Hey @Uday47 and @Conor123456.

You can try a camera test on your phone to see if there is an issue with the hardware or the software.

Let’s try this, go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests. Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. Review the photo and let me know if the camera works fine here. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

First Poster

Hello 

I did what u said the rear camera is working perfectly alright. I am having issues with the front camera. I did the Front CAM test and the focus is still out of place. My front camera picture or selfie is quite blur. 

TracyR Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, @Uday47.

I'd advise popping into a Service Location to have this looked at by an engineer.

You can find your nearest HERE, alternatively you can contact Samsung Support HERE to arrange for a Postal Inspection Repair.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

First Poster

I have the same problem and this solution has made no difference. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks 

First Poster

Hi, I am facing the same problem with my S8's front facing camera. Tried that test and got a "AF Failure" message. Did you manage to solve this issue?

First Poster

I have the same problem. I have been using my new phone for 2 days and yesterday it was working fine. 

First Poster

I know its a little late and its 2018 now , but maybe somebody needs this : Open Camera and just shake the device a little bit 😂 and thats it .

First Poster

Total genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today my rear camara was blurry...wiped....same

On/off....same

Reset settings.....same

Cleared cache.....same

Put camera on and shook.....SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done xoDiana........where did you learn that?!

Top Liked Authors