Support

Open search

S8 always on display notifications not showing on screen

First Poster

I have changed nothing on my phone. However I don't get the icons on the screen anymore. My phone flashes but doesn't show on screen. I have checked my settings and notifications are on

Any ideas? 

11 REPLIES 11
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Mrefc

Do you mean hen the phone receives a notification and you double tap it from the AOD to launch it ?

If this was my situation I'd first try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

The same thing happened to me. My phone does not show any missed calls, whatsapp messages or email notifications below the clock/battery anymore since yesterday. the LED notification still works.

Same thing for me, except I'm using an A3 2017.   Clock shows up but icon alerts below it no longer show up.

Any ideas???

Figured out my own problem - when you don't have lock screen security turned on, notifications won't show up.  Pretty annoying it was designed this way (I don't need screen unlock).

Hello, just change your screen lock type frome "none" to "swipe" and notifications will appear again

Wow, I spent too long to finally read this. Thanks.  I don't have a need for the security so this is annoying to have to have it on just to see those notifications.

Notifications used to display on my S8+, with no security, but now I need at least a screen swipe, or I get no notifications on my ADO, how do I get back to notified, w no security? 

Same here, and I don't want security to access them. How do we change that?
It didn't used to be that way. I got notifications on ADO, and just hard pressed home key to access them, is there a way to return to that?
Top Liked Authors